Friday, February 29, 2008

Special Day!!!


Hey its here again!!!...29th February is here again after 4 years. I find this day very special, though many people don’t even notice it. It comes once in 4 years and still it passes unnoticed most of the times…I know its not a blogworthy topic but still I’m writing because this day is so special!!!

May be I’ll post a blog again on the same day, 4 years later, if I’m alive, if I’m still blogging, and if everything is normal. Wow!!! It would be so much fun to see this post again after 4 years!! Don’t know how life would be after 4 years. Will I be happy? Will I be sad? Will I be married? Will I have my desired career? Will the Dreams be fulfilled? Will the goals be achieved? Will India win the World Cup? …haah! Only time will answer these questions. My job is to just work for achieving what I want.

Whatever it is, however the situations might be, One thing is for sure-These 4 years are going to be the most precious, most crucial and the most decisive years of Our life.

P.S.-I read in an article in Business World that this Extra Day has an economic significance too. An extra working day means extra profits, extra revenue, extra growth of the economy. I don’t remember the exact figures but the magazine even gave the extra revenue which is generated because of the contribution of the extra day.

Well it also is an extra day to realize your dreams, an extra day to learn new things, an extra day to spend time with your loved ones, complete your tasks, spend time aimlessly…an extra day in your Life!!!

[Oops! The post script is more than the actual blog;)]

KeEr TrIvIa from Wikipedia-

Ø February 29 is also known as bissextile day or Leap Day.

Ø The leap day was introduced as part of the Julian reform.

Ø There is a tradition that women may make a proposal of marriage to men only in leap years, further restricted in some cases to only February 29. There is a tradition that in 1288 the Scottish parliament under Queen Margaret legislated that any woman could propose in Leap Year; few parliament records of that time exist, and none concern February 29. Another component of this tradition was that if the man rejects the proposal, he should soften the blow by providing a kiss, one pound currency, and a pair of gloves (some later sources say a silk gown). There were similar notions in FranceSwitzerland. and

Ø In France, there is a humorous periodical called La Bougie du Sapeur (The Sapper's Candle) published every February 29 since 1980. The name is a reference to the sapper Camembert. The eighth issue will be published in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home