An incident linked to Dancing & Me!
On a no-work day, I was going through my friends list in orkut, to see who all are actually there in my list, and to delete unknown people from my list, if any; and I came across Devesh’s profile…my school friend, of whom I just had 1 childhood memory in my mind…something which happened in K.G., which even he wouldn’t remember...Teachers made us practice for ball dance, which we had to present on School Annual Day. That is how this dancing thing started in my life…
We all had to go for dance practice in the last period. Only participants had the luxury of missing the last period at school. We were divided into couples and a boy called Rajender was made my partner. To me, Rajendar and Devesh looked quite similar. Seriously they looked alike. Devesh looked like a better version of Rajendar. I always thought, if Rajendar was more neat and tidy, he would look like Devesh…So in the practice period, I got confused and I held Devesh’s hand and asked him to come for dance practice with me. He smiled and said that he was someone else’s partner and showed me my partner…It was on the same day that Rajender and I were eliminated from the dance as we were not dancing well. We had no co-ordination and he always stamped my leg. Imagine somebody taking you out of a group, eliminating you and you see all the others practicing in front of your eyes…I was hurt. Taking a rejection that too at such a tender age really hurts. I even remember that it was my mom who requested my teachers to take me in a dance when all this Annual Day thing started…I was thinking how would I go home now and tell her that I’m eliminated. How would she feel? She’ll definitely feel bad. But mom being mom, nothing like that happened.
Now when I look back, I realized that I’ve always been in the front row of the best dance programs in my school. I’ve been in the center, in many dance shows at school. The lead girl! Dancing started with an elimination but that was the first and last time when I was rejected. Even if I was placed in the last rows in the beginning, teachers called me and made me dance in the first row because of my expressions and dance moves…haah! It feels great now when I look backJ
Well all this suddenly came to an end in 9th std when we moved down to Vizag from Ghato. I dint like my new school and it took me a lot of time to adjust. I dint like the people here, I dint like the small school stage which we had. And it took me some time to realize that I actually stopped taking part in dance shows after moving down to Vizag.
Intermediate life sucked as there were no such functions. All they were bothered about was EAMCET State Ranks (more on that later). And I had my own reasons for not dancing in GITAM.
So the gist of the story is- Dancing has now become a thing of past. I think I’ve even lost touch now. But I love dancing and I really think I should get back to it. I might have problem picking up the moves in the starting, I might face eliminations and rejections again as I faced when I first started dancing, But I don’t care. I think it’s a passion which must be kept alive, a stress buster which I should never leave.Yesss I Will get back to my stupid latkas n jhatkas again. I will dance for myself. I will dance for fun. I will dance for someone;). May be I’ll start it in


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home